1. Are Naval Gunfire Support Ships within 12nm?
A. Due to limited range of shipboard gun mounts, you are well within the 12nm.
B. NGFS Stations were assigned 4-6 miles off shore, the ship remained there
until authorized for underway replenishments or properly relieved.
2. How can I obtain a copy of my deck logs?
A. BWNVVA Master List – work in progress, deck logs we currently have that
are known to operate in territorial waters. Bookmark and check frequently for
B. Review National Archives list online.
C. If your ship provided NGFS check the National Archive CONGA NGFS
database to obtain a date to request.
D. Email National Archives at: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. How do I reopen a claim if I was denied several years ago?
A. Refer to BWN Reopen VA Claim Under Procopio v Wilkie
B. For Widows refer to BWNVVA DIC Guidelines
4. Where can I find a copy of Procopio v Wilkie Courts decision?
5. What are the current VA Compensation Rates?
6. What are the Special Monthly Compensation Rates?
7. How do I qualify for SMC?
8. How do I qualify for Dependency Indemnity Compensation (DIC) ?
A. What are the current rates for DIC? Basic Monthly Rate = $1,319.04 (38
9. Which VA Disability Questionnaire Form should I use for __________?
By symptom found here:
10. How do I apply for CHAMPVA?
A. Application for CHAMPVA Benefits VA Form 10-10D
B. If applicants indicate in Section II that they have Medicare or Other Health
Insurance, each applicant must submit a VA Form 10-7959c
C. CHAMPVA Guide – large file takes while to download
11. Where can I find VA Fact Sheets in case I have further questions with
12. Where can I find a copy of Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents, and
13. Has the M21-1 Manual been updated to reflect Procopio v Wilkie decision?
M21-1, Part IV, Subpart ii, Ch 1, Section H.1
14. What is the Agent Orange Registry Health Exam?
15. What are the VAMC Priority Groups and how does it affect me?
16. What happens if I fall behind in my VAMC copayments, do I automatically
go into collections by the VA?
A. There are programs available to assist you.
B. Copayment information and current rates for Doctor, Specialist, and
Pharmacy are found here:
17. I can’t log into my e-Benefits network, how do I know the VARO has my
A. Call 1-800-827-1000 VA Assistance Benefits Administration – menu driven
18. Where can I find information on Toxic Exposures on ships?
A. Institute of Medicine has a list.
B. BWN Military Installation Contaminant Listing – EPA Superfund sites
C. Machinist Mate 3 & 2 Lubrication and Associated Equipment page 4-1
D. Boatswains Mate 3 & 2 Chapter 11 Hazardous Material page 12-1
E. Mineral Oils: Untreated and Mildly Treated – known carcinogenic
19. How can I find someone to help me file a claim?
Go to https://www.nacvso.org